Mistakes on the Seller's Disclosure Notice are the number one cause of home sale lawsuits...and when home sellers get sued, so do their real estate brokers and agents. Many home sellers don't realize that buyers can sue if there are problems in the home after they move in and that the Seller's Disclosure Notice is evidence used against them in a lawsuit.
Sellers Shield was created to protect home sellers and their agents from lawsuits...and here are four great reasons for agents to offer the benefits of Sellers Shield to their listing clients.
1. SELLERS SHIELD MAKES BROKERS & AGENTS JOBS EASIER.
Sellers Shield's turn-key disclosure solution gives home sellers the legal guidance they need with the Seller's Disclosure Notice (SDN)...thus limiting broker and agent liability.
- In Texas, the Seller's Disclosure Notices are online and interactive...with a Legal Wizard that guides sellers through each question with examples, warnings and definitions.
- Dynamic form fields expand to accommodate all seller explanations and ensure completion.
- A fully legible and complete form is custom-formatted for print and emailed to you and your client.
2. SELLERS SHIELD PREVENTS LAWSUITS FOR HOME SELLERS...AND THEIR BROKERS AND AGENTS.
The Smart Seller Tools provide legal guidance to help sellers through the disclosure process...keeping them and their brokers/agents out of the courtroom.
In addition to the interactive Seller's Disclosure Notices, the Smart Seller Tools include:
- Instructional Video - Highlights key areas of concern and provides direction to sellers on how to complete the SDN.
- Legal Tips Sheet - From the Legal Knowledge Base, the Tips Sheet provides a handy reference of easy-to-understand definitions and FAQs.
3. SELLERS SHIELD PROVIDES PROTECTION AFTER THE SALE.
Sellers Shield protects home sellers if there is a claim...and get broker and agent insurance deductibles waived.
If a lawsuit is filed, Sellers Shield will handle it...with up to 80 hours of paid legal representation. That's the Sellers Shield $20,000 Promise to home sellers.
Sellers Shield is endorsed by leading insurance carriers. Great American and The Hartford provide insurance deductible waivers on claims where the home seller has purchased Sellers Shield.
Home sellers can walk away safe from the biggest sale of their lives, while brokers and agents walk away from big insurance deductibles.
4. SELLERS SHIELD MAKES THE PROCESS SIMPLE FOR AGENTS.
Agents can offer protection to their clients and protect themselves in just three simple steps.
- Insert the Sellers Shield Order Form in the listing package. The one-page Order Form is an easy addition and is signed proof that agents met their fiduciary duty to their clients.
- Present Sellers Shield to all listing clients. Simply ask sellers to opt in or opt out.
- Send Sellers Shield the Order Form or have the client order online. The seller can pay online for a discount or pay at closing out of sale proceeds.
Sellers Shield is truly state-of-the-art protection for home sellers and agents. Designed by legal experts to prevent home sale lawsuits and provide security to home sellers if one occurs. It's become the turnkey solution Texas agents recommend to home sellers for legal guidance through the disclosure process. A WIN-WIN for Agents and Home Sellers!